Viljar Veebel CV
1. Date and place of birth: 07.01.1977, Estonia
- 2001 - … PhD candidate in Tartu University Department of Political Science. PhD thesis " The EU Concept of Positive Conditionality: Component of Neo-functional Integration Process or Method of Neo-liberal Imperialism in CEE States?"
- 2001 University of Tartu, Estonia. Department of Social Sciences, Department of Political Science, MA degree in political science. MA thesis "Spill-Over Barriers in European Integration Process"
- 1999 University of Tartu, Estonia, Department of Social Sciences, BA in Political Science. Thesis "Russian Economic Sanctions against Estonia: Political Influence".
3. Academic carrier and work experience:
- 2004 - Lecturer of international relations in Tartu University
- 2006-2007 Expert of SIPU International in Ukrainian Diplomatic Academy
- 2005-2006 Lecturer and academic coordinator in DCAF (Geneva)
- 2005-2006 Expert of the EU SIPSA project in Tbilisi, Georgia
- 2002- 2003 Academic advisor of Estonian Government delegation in EU Future Convention
- 2001- 2005 Lecturer and academic coordinator at EuroCollege, Tartu University
- 2001- 2006 Researcher and lecturer in Tartu University Department of Political Science
- 2000- 2002 Expert and lecturer of civil service addition training in ESKO Consultation
- 2000- 2001 Lecturer of Tallinn University of Educational Science, Department of Governance
- 1999 -2000 Lecturer of Tallinn University civil servants additional training program (EU Basic course and CFSP).
4. Publications 2000-2009:
- "The Positive Conditionality of the EU: Methods, Dynamics, Principles" in RSR Yearbook, Tartu University Publishing, 2008
- "Overcoming Doubts: The Baltic States and European Security and Defence Policy" in "The Estonian Foreign Policy Yearbook" 2007, Varrak, Andres Kasekamp and Viljar Veebel
- "The Baltic States and ESDP", Andres Kasekamp and Viljar Veebel in "The North and ESDP" Bertelsmann Stiftung 2007, ed Klaus Brummer
- "Navigating Between Policy and Populace: Estonia, its Accession Referendum and the EU Convention," Politique Europeenne elargie, numero 15 2005, Vello Pettai and Viljar Veebel, 2005, L´ Harmattan
- "Conditionality and Dependence as Key Elements in Simultaneous Democratization and Crises Prevention, in "The Estonian Foreign Policy Yearbook" 2004, Varrak
- "Teaching in Open University", editor Tiia Ristolainen, Tartu University Publishing 2004
- "Estonian Role and Choices in European Security and Defense Policy", (State Procurement no 02-245), 2003 June
- "Is Europe integrated? Spill-over barriers and spill-over effects in practice", 2003, EuroFaculty publication series, Tartu University Publishing
- Veebel Viljar Ehin, Piret, Positions of 10 Central and Eastern European Countries on EU Institutional Reforms: Analytical Survey in the framework of the CEEC-DEBATE project", Université catholique de Louvain, Editors: Christian Franck and Dorota Pyszna-Nigge, Louvain-la-Neuve/Brussels, June 2003, 11 p.
- Veebel Viljar, Ehin, Piret; CEEC-Debate – Positions of the candidate countries in the European Convention, UCL 2003.
- "Estonian choices influencing the Debate on the Future of Europe", in "The Estonian Foreign Policy Yearbook" 2003, Varrak
- "Transformation of Economic and Political Systems in Central and Eastern Europe", Tartu 2002,
- "Spillover Barrier in The Process of European Integration", EuroFaculty publication series, Tartu University Publishing, 2003
- "Transformation of Economic and Political Systems in Central and Eastern Europe", Tartu University Publishing 2002, edited with Liina Kulu.
- University of Tartu, EuroCollege publication series, workbook nr 6 "Prospects of European Political Integration and its influence on Estonia", Tartu University publishing, 2001