LIBRARY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
UNIVERSITY OF TARTU
The Library of Social Sciences was founded in January 2012 on the basis of the libraries of the Institute of Journalism and Communication, Faculty of Social Sciences and Education, and Euro College.
· The loan period for most of the books is approximately one month. Items that are used all through semester can be borrowed for a longer period.
· You can use within the library several types of scientific data that cannot be taken out of the library (students’ scientific work, reference literature, statistical research reports).
· Readers are served at presenting the borrower’s card of Tartu University Library or ID-card. For lack of the relevant document you can still use the books within the library.
· You can use the library e-catalogue ESTER (http://tartu.ester.ee/search~S1*eng/) , the pressmark to indicate the location of the publication in our library is “UT Institute of Social Studies”.
· You can renew due dates yourself in the e-catalogue ESTER (https://tartu.ester.ee/patroninfo), but also by e-mail or a phone call. You will be sent an electronic notice if the due date has been exceeded. The overdue charge is 0,05 € for the item per day.
Information regarding students' academic research
· At the Library of Social Sciences you can find students’ scientific work from different specialities: journalism and communication, public administration, politology and political science, sociology, social work, social politics and psychology.
· Newer research is also available through digital archive DSpace http://dspace.utlib.ee/dspace/handle/10062/6342.
Other services at the library
Photocopying of books and research materials is possible with the help of the librarian (0,05 € per page) or you can use overall ID-card (http://pilveprint.overall.ee/foreign-students/) or a mobile payment.
· You can also scan the material and send the contents to your e-mail (0,01 € per page).
· Coloured printing is available for 0,08 € per page, black and white for 0,05 € per page.
· You can also use free wireless Internet.
Phone: +372 737 5940
E-mail: so.raamatukogu [ät] ut.ee
from Monday to Friday from 10 am to 6 pm.
Saturdays: from 14 September to 14 December from 10 am to 4 pm